The Adderley, a delightful turreted corner shop (and 1st floor residence) dominating what was once called Elwood Junction, where Broadway, Glenhuntly and Ormond Roads intersect. It was built in 1921, and designed by #NahumBarnet (he hit around !). Across the corner there was another striking building, the Maison Deluxe Dance Palais; these and the shops and bank all grew up after the tram was extended along Glenhuntly Road to the beach in 1915, crossing the 1906 St Kilda to Brighton tram at this point. That line closed in 1959, the Glenhuntly one in 1960, the date of the B&W photos. Don’t know when the Palais thing was demolished.