Original post 18 April 2020
Photo 1 October 2019
Surprisingly a very early house survives in the CBD – the John T Smith house in #QueenStreet was built in 1849! Or at least the first two floors. And possibly not finished till 1852. The architect was #CharlesLaing, and it’s very much in the #ColonialGeorgian style seen in many houses in Tasmania (and one in Bacchus Marsh). The top floor was added in 1858.