This towered mansion on the top of the St Kilda hill looks a little run down, not to mention hemmed in by traffic at the corner of Princes and Barkly Streets. Called Liverpool, it was built in 1889 for estate agent Nathaniel Levi, named after his home town. He was the first Jewish MP in Victoria, elected in 1861, and a prominent member of the the Jewish community in St Kilda, where there was a notable concentration in the 19th century and early 20th. The architect was Nahum Barnet, also Jewish. It seems to lack details, perhaps it had a verandah ? And it’s never been repainted since the ivy was pulled off. It’s 4 flats (one with the tower !), perhaps they can’t agree or can’t afford to repaint.